Posted by Shane O'Sullivan on January 26, 2010
Flickr Addict and Flickr Addict Lite v0.2.1 have just been released on the Palm App Catalog. This release adds two features that many users have asked for:
- Group selection. Previous versions of Flickr Addict allowed you to download photos from two Flickr groups, iPhoneWallpapers and PalmPreWallpapers. This version allows you to add any group you like.
- Photo and user blocking. Sometimes images are downloaded which you might not like, and you can now block both individual images, and all images from a particular user. You can also manage your blocked list to unblock images and users later.
The video below is of the previous version, v0.2.0. Try it out for free with Flickr Addict Lite.
Posted in Ajax, Dojo, Flickr, Flickr Addict, Palm, Technical, WebOS | 11 Comments »
Posted by Shane O'Sullivan on January 21, 2010
Version 0.2 of both Flickr Addict and Flickr Addict Lite have been released on the Palm App Catalog, just three hours or so after submission, so kudos to Palm! This release is an incremental improvement mostly, but it contains a number of features that a lot of people asked for:
- Manual sizing of wallpapers. You can now pinch to zoom the image in order to manually select just a portion of the photo to use as a wallpaper.
- Better randomization of images.
- More options on how often images are changed. Some people felt that 5 minutes was too short, and one hour too long, so you can now change the wallpaper every 5, 15, and 30 minutes, and every 1, 6 or 24 hours.
- More information on the currently displayed image. You’ll see a new button at the bottom of the screen when viewing a full screen photo. Clicking it shows the title of the photo and the person who took it.
It also includes some bug fixes, and improvements to downloads to make them go faster.
The big news for users of the free Flickr Addict Lite app is that this release gives you two days use of the full app features, before returning to Lite mode, so you get to see what all the fuss is about
See the demo of the latest version at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRUckwtvF6U
Posted by Shane O'Sullivan on January 14, 2010
I’ve just released a small update to my Dojo powered Irish Rain app for the Palm Pre and Pixi which I blogged about before. The new version, v0.1.5, changes temperatures to celcius, and adds a progress bar to show when the data will be loaded.
The app is completely free, all the better to keep you (Irish People) from getting drenched!
Posted in Ajax, Dojo, Irish Rain, Palm, WebOS | 7 Comments »
Posted by Shane O'Sullivan on January 8, 2010
The latest version of Flickr Addict is now available on the Palm App Catalog! This is a huge upgrade which I blogged about a short while ago when I submitted it for review. Check out the video below to see what it can do. If you would like to try it out before you buy it, the free version, called Flickr Addict Lite, is also available on the Palm App Catalog. Enjoy!
Posted by Shane O'Sullivan on January 5, 2010
Flickr Addict Lite v0.1.9 has been released in the Palm App Catalog. See here for more info.
The full version of Flickr Addict v0.1.9 is still in review. However as it was submitted before the lite version, it should hopefully be approved quite soon. If you have downloaded both the Lite and full versions, and are wondering why they are so different, this is the reason – there was a massive rewrite since the last version. You’ll have it soon
Update Jan 8th 2009: Flickr Addict v0.1.9 is now also available in the App Catalog.
Posted in Ajax, chofter, Flickr, Flickr Addict, Palm, Technical, WebOS | Leave a Comment »