Flickr Mundo for Palm webOS
Posted by Shane O'Sullivan on September 5, 2010
I am very happy to announce the release of Flickr Mundo, a fully featured Flickr app for Palm webOS devices. It is packed full of pretty much everything that a Flickr addict could possibly want, including:
- Photo upload and download, with multiple simultaneous supported for both.
- Read & add comments to photos and photo sets
- Add/remove favourites
- Bulk editing, e.g. choose 6 photos and add tags to them all in one go, add/remove them from a set or group, add/remove person tags…. and much more.
- A great browsing experience, jump from one user to another, open photo sets, groups and galleries. Swipe from photo to photo.
- Auto rotated wallpapers. All the functionality from my other app Flickr Addict is included in Flickr Mundo. Automatically download images in the background based on many different criteria and change the phone wallpaper on a schedule chosen by you. No more boring backgrounds!
- Context sensitive ‘Just Type’ search. Wherever you are in the app, either hit the search icon or just start typing to search Flickr. If you’re looking at a user, you can choose to just search that user. If looking at a photo group, you can search just that group.
- Group search, find a photo group.
- Location based search. Find photos near you using GPS, or search for photos close to anywhere else you name.
- Fullscreen slideshows with an optional audio playlist for playing music while watching your photos.
and much, much more, all wrapped in a highly polished UI that maximises the space of a small screen to the best effect.
A special thank you goes out to Jake and all the guys on the Palm Pre group on Flickr who did huge amounts of user testing on the beta version of the app. They spotted many obscure bugs, and made many suggestions for features and tweaks, most of which have ended up in the app. Without them Flickr Mundo wouldn’t be anywhere near as complete, functional and fun as it is.
Flickr Mundo will be submitted to the Palm App Catalog in the next 24 hours, and should be available to everyone as soon as Palm approves it!
Update: Flickr Mundo has now been submitted to the App Catalog