Version 0.2 of both Flickr Addict and Flickr Addict Lite have been released on the Palm App Catalog, just three hours or so after submission, so kudos to Palm! This release is an incremental improvement mostly, but it contains a number of features that a lot of people asked for:
- Manual sizing of wallpapers. You can now pinch to zoom the image in order to manually select just a portion of the photo to use as a wallpaper.
- Better randomization of images.
- More options on how often images are changed. Some people felt that 5 minutes was too short, and one hour too long, so you can now change the wallpaper every 5, 15, and 30 minutes, and every 1, 6 or 24 hours.
- More information on the currently displayed image. You’ll see a new button at the bottom of the screen when viewing a full screen photo. Clicking it shows the title of the photo and the person who took it.
It also includes some bug fixes, and improvements to downloads to make them go faster.
The big news for users of the free Flickr Addict Lite app is that this release gives you two days use of the full app features, before returning to Lite mode, so you get to see what all the fuss is about 😉
See the demo of the latest version at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRUckwtvF6U
Flickr Addict, my very cool (if I do say so myself) Dojo powered application for the Palm Pre & Pixi smartphones, has just been given a massive upgrade. Flickr Addict automatically downloads photos from Flickr and sets them as your wallpaper at set intervals. It is completely configurable, and very easy to use.
Following some very helpful user feedback, I have added the following features:
- New image gallery, very similar to the Palm Photos app, which makes it very quick and simple to view all your downloaded photos.
- Full screen preview of all wallpapers.
- The ability to randomize the selection of photos from a user.
- The Palm Pre Wallpapers group on Flickr is now selectable, in addition to the iPhone Wallpapers group.
See the video below for a demo. This version of Flickr Addict and Flickr Addict Lite is currently in review for the App Catalog, and will hopefully make it in soon. However the previous version is in there now and available for download, and will be updated automatically when the new version is out.
Irish Rain is completely free, and should help make sure that us poor Irish don’t get caught in the rain again. However, I make no guarantees that your house won’t be washed away in a biblical flood!