Flickr and Dojo Image Gallery
Posted by Shane O'Sullivan on July 3, 2007
For more information, including the code and examples, see http://www.skynet.ie/~sos/ajax/imagegallery.php.
Some of the features of the widget include:
- Pages of thumbnails.
- Intelligent pre-loading of images so the images you are looking at are loaded first.
- Fade effects for transitioning of images
- Populated using JSON data – any JSON data, not just Flickr.
- Flickr integration – remotely load your Flickr images.
- Paging through a Flickr collection.
To view your own Flickr pictures on the widget, without installing it on your own site, go to http://www.skynet.ie/~sos/ajax/yourpics.php .
There is a discussion thread in the Flickr API group at http://www.flickr.com/groups/api/discuss/72157600624623643.
Here is a screen shot:
The widget has all the features that I personally require at the moment, but will probably evolve as I think of new things to add. If you have any suggestions/bug reports, please comment on this post.